First Home Buyers
We Help You With Clever Choices
Buying a home can be an exciting but daunting prospect. This is even truer when you are doing it for the first time. With different rates, charges, lending criteria and lots of other factors to consider many people struggle to know where to begin. Sure, having plenty of choices is useful, but it may also leave you dazed and confused.
But it’s not just about finding a lender who offers the best rate for your individual needs, it is also about getting accepted by a lender and your loan approved. Since the financial meltdown of 2008, the days of securing some easy credit are long gone, and getting mortgage approval is much tougher than it used to be.
There are many other challenges as well. These include:
- The deposit: Potential homeowners may have good incomes, but with house prices rising it is becoming more difficult for borrowers to scrape together enough money to make a big enough down payment. In general, 100% home loans no longer exist.
- Debt and credit ratings: Lenders are much more cautious than they used to be and an applicant’s credit and debt rating can be a significant barrier to obtaining a mortgage.
- Employment history: To qualify for a mortgage, borrowers must be able to demonstrate employment stability. Yet many first home buyers are still building their careers and may move from job to job, applying when they land a new position with a better salary. Generally, lenders want at least six to 12 months of stability.
Navigating the Mortgage Maze
As you can see, for new borrowers there really is a lot to grapple with and learn. Therefore, when making this huge financial commitment, it is a good idea to have expert advice on tap to guide you through the complex mortgage maze. We want to help you make an informed decision about what is best for your situation.
iMortage Broker Brisbane are specialists in providing advice to first home buyers. We fully understand the difficulties and challenges you face and will explain the mortgage process to you in a clear and understandable manner, stripped of confusing jargon.
We are independent and do not work with banks or other financial institutions. This means the advice we offer you is completely impartial. What we do have is access to many different lenders and can advise on a large range of products for first home buyers.
When you make use of our services you will be dealing with a mortgage advisor who knows the ins and outs of the process, and who will be with you every step of the way. From initial assessment and working out what you can afford to finding the most suitable product and taking care of the application stage, we’ll do all the leg work for you.
Sure, you can try to do it on your own without the services of a broker, but do you really want to trawl up and down the high street agonizing over the choices or spend days, weeks or even months online trying to find the best loan? And what if you sign up to the wrong one? It could hamper your financial situation in the longer term.
Working with a broker can also ensure you don’t miss out on any government assistance. You may be entitled to a choice of government grants and concessions to help you buy your home. Our advisors are up-to-date on how national and state governments can assist you. For example, there is the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG), which is a national scheme that pays a one-off grant to borrowers who fit all the eligibility criteria.
Your mortgage advisor will:
- Explain different types of mortgages
- Calculate how much you can borrow
- Find you the most suitable lender
- Secure a great deal for you
- Take care of all the paperwork
- Be with you every step of the way
- Always work in your best interests
We Ease the Strain of Getting a Home Loan
Whether you are worried about pulling together a sizeable deposit, not sure about what’s best for your situation or concerned that your credit history may prevent you from securing a home loan, we can help.
In our experience, it is never too early to start talking to a mortgage broker, so pick up the phone and get in touch with us today on 07 3062 8446 or fill in the contact form.
Let us help you make sure your first steps onto the property ladder are sure-footed ones.